Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1914

My beautiful, wonderful, awe-inspiring great-grandmother turned 97 on Saturday. 97! Can you believe it? She is the most amazing woman I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and I'm blessed to call her my grandma.
The birthday girl
  Since some of my cousins have kids, there are 5 generations in our family. When I tell people I still have my great grandma, people are shocked because they never met their great grandparents or sometimes even grandparents (that thought is SO sad to me).
Only about half of the great grandchildren
 Some of my family members and I went to the nursing home she lives in and surprised her with a lunch party. It was so much fun and to see the joy in her face and hear it in here voice.
My grandma (her daughter) and grandpa, my mom and my aunts and uncles
Her eye sight is mostly gone, but she can tell who each person is and loves to just sit back and listen to all of us talk. She's in otherwise good health and her mind is all there- she was telling us things she remembers from when she was 3! I'm so thankful to be able to hear stories about her parents and her early life. My how things are different now. I hope one day my kids will be able to meet her, if not, I'll tell them stories about her everyday for the rest of my life and let them know how much she loves them- even if she's not here. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family. Happy 97th birthday Grandma! We all love you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment